In the interest of helping people who are new to speedpainting get started, and also in the interest of getting tips and tricks out in the open that might be helpful to even those who have done it a while, I'm opening this Journal entry up to the group to post your speedpainting techniques to share with the group!
Guidelines for posting (I believe this will help keep the thread readable to those coming in):
1) Give your technique a title
2) Provide a description with as much detail as is necessary to allow someone to try the technique and obtain some success with it
3) If possible, provide a link to examples that use this technique, and indicate how the technique was used
4) Please only include one tip per post
5) You may ABSOLUTELY respond to other people's posts, ask questions, and extend the tips! As this isn't a forum, please make sure you respond to the right posts when asking a question, or the original author might not see it! Questions should ONLY go under existing tips though. Stray questions (not posted under existing tips) will be deleted so there's some measure of order to what could otherwise become a rather disorderly Journal.
I'll start out with an example (below).